ECU for 14k rpm V8

Stephen Webb swebb at netlab.uky.edu
Thu Sep 27 00:55:36 GMT 2001

> what v8`s hit any wher near 14000 rpm?

Formula 1 and Cart use V10  and V8 engines (respectively, if I remember
correctly)

They are 1.5-2.5 litres in displacement or something like that.  Quite
oversquare (which the original poster noted, I believe).  I think the Cart
engines hit 14k RPM (turbocharged?) and the F1 engines hit 17-18k rpm if
memory serves.

I'm going to the F1 qualifying at Indy this weekend.  I'm pretty stoked!

Regards.
-Steve