ECU for 14k rpm V8

Eric Bryant BRYANTE at ghsp.com
Thu Sep 27 12:32:42 GMT 2001

> From: Tlsalt at aol.com [mailto:Tlsalt at aol.com]
> Subject: Re: ECU for 14k rpm V8
>
> Hello Chris:
>
>     The BMW turbo was an amazing motor, the highest specific
> output engine
> used in GP racing.  It was an inline 4 production block, with
> the same sized
> main and rod bearings, but the 4 valve head was based on the
> F2 racing motor.

I saw this motor on display at the Nurburgring museum.  It looks rather
stock, except for the turbo hanging off the side that's about the size of my
head.

I wish I could have seen an F1 race during the turbo era.  The NA cars
aren't exactly boring, though - those cars are just unbelievably fast and
very loud.  The shreek from a V10 spinning at 18k should send shivers up the
spine of any gearhead.

Eric Bryant
mailto:bryante at ghsp.com
http://www.bryantperformance.com