ECU for 14k rpm V8

Greg Hermann bearbvd at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 27 23:00:34 GMT 2001

>I found it interesting that the throttle body is _before_ the
>turbo inlet.  I would think that causing a vacuum in the whole
>intake tract would cause poorer throttle response (anathema
>of a road racing engine), but that's only a guess.

Quite the contrary. A "draw through" turbo stays spooled up better because
there is no (less) load on the compressor wheel in a (partial) vacuum.

The compressor also stays much further away from the surge line in a draw
through--which would probably be damn hard to stay away from any other way
with a wheel designed to make a 5 to 1 pressure ratio at any reasonable
kind of adiabatic efficiency!

Greg