Megasquirt applications?

Mark Bottorff bottorffinator at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 05:51:56 GMT 2001

Oh Knowledgable DIY'ers,

Can the Megasquirt be used to replace and existing EFI
system? The application is an '85 300ZX Turbo. I want
to put in 460cc/min injectors with the stock being
260cc/min. The eventual hp goal is ~300 at the wheels.
The motor is a V6 and the injectors fire in pairs I
believe.

If I disconnect the injectors then the ECM will
register a code. So what if I put in a resistor in
each harness? Also, do I have to buy all new sensors
for the Megasquirt or can I use some of the stock
stuff?

Someone suggested looking for a stock "hac'd" ECM that
could work. What does HAC mean? And how would I
utilize an ECM from a different car?

What group buys are going on that I could get in on
for the Megasquirt? How much does this thing cost to
build?

I know this is a long list of questions so I thank you
for reading all the way to the end and for answering
anything you happen to know about.

Mark Bottorff