P&H injectors on a 7749?

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 17:26:25 GMT 2001

Anyone running more than 4 low Imp Injectors with the 7749 ECM?
This ECM runs 6 hi-impedance injectors in the turbo 4.3 app.
I know the Sunbird turbo ran four low imps, but we want to run six.
Has anyone done this for any length of time?
And if so, with good or bad results?  I'm working with my cousin
who has a Typhoon 4.3 with Brodix heads and a bigger turbo, and
the stock 30lb injectors are maxed out before any mods.
We're trying to use the 7749 ECM with low-imp 55lb seimens injectors,
and don't want to spend for new injectors and find that they don't work.
Grumpy let the smoke out while experimenting in this area.
I'm thinking maybe a cooling fan & heat sinks or something.
 Is it time for another driver?
Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike V