Correct A:F Ratio @ WOT?

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Sat Sep 29 18:19:57 GMT 2001

Is this at all quantifiable? An example would be good if you have even
one you can give.

I'm not looking for a magic number or formula, just a rough "order of
amounts". For example, if the peak power ignoring damages is near 12.5:1,
but practical use of turbo actually ends up around 10:1-11:1 (lets say
just for discussion), that is 1-2 AFRs lower than peak. Any idea how much
this safety margin enrichment "costs" in terms of HP? What I'm wondering
is just how steep the curve is in this relationship. Tnx.

Also interesting how stoich is about the same AFR distance from peak, as
peak is from practical.

Brian