WB assembly tips?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sun Sep 30 23:19:10 GMT 2001

I'm by no means a EE, or soldering "Pro", and just have a few basics I
follow.

No soldering flux when working on PCBs, it can etch the surface of the PCBs,
and can be a pain to neutralise.  I do use solder that has flux in it thou.
The only brand of solder, and flux I use is Kester.  I'm a second generation
user, and see no reason to change.  A cleaning well tinned soldering iron is
a MUST.  A damp sponge makes an excellent tip cleaner.   It's the last
1/8-1/4" that must be clean and shiny (of the tip).   Using a swatch of tape
will keep the component from moving when soldering.  A sharp set of
diagonial cutters are a must also.   Also, lots of light, perferably day
light, while this board isn't really easy to bridge connections, a momentary
lapse in attention and you can.  A bridge is went you tie two traces
together that shouldn't be.  For working on this board .020" diameter solder
worked well for me.
Bruce