[Diy_efi] if YOU were bored enough to disassemble...

Andrew Brownsword asword at telus.net
Mon Aug 26 03:23:45 GMT 2002

I've spent a fair bit of time exploring the 32K ROM from my Ford Probe
GT, which uses a Mazda MECS-II ECU that is based on a MC68HC11 variant.
  I had quite a leg up from another PGT owner who had done quite a bit
of hardware examination and poking around in the ROM.  It is hard work
and difficult to be sure of what you find -- this isn't a task to be
taken lightly!  I have spent most of my time in the fueling and load
measurement logic since my intention is to upgrade the injectors and
replace the airflow sensor with a MAF in order to be able to feed my
aftermarket turbo.  The timing code is a whole other ball'o'wax.  I'm a
software engineer professionally with a fair bit of assembler
experience, so I had a good base of knowledge with which to start, and
I wrote my own reverse-engineering oriented disassembler.

The Motorola website has lots of documentation for the HC11:

http://e-www.motorola.com/webapp/sps/library/
documentationlist.jsp?rootNodeId=01&nodeId=01M98635&Device=68HC11E0&DocT
ype=Reference+Manual