[Diy_efi] Bouncing Map readings

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 3 04:30:23 GMT 2002

classic pneumatic type oscillations in your plenum I woudl have thought,
its not as much as I have heard about - so consider yourself lucky ;)

If you want to smooth it out a bit run a static column fromt he plenum
to your map sensor through a small dia pipe or a carefully chosen cap
across the map sensor output - I prefer the former instead of loading
the map electrical output and still have good transient response,

rgds

mike

At 10:01 PM 2/12/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>What could be the cause of my MAP sensor reading between 96 and 103
(bouncing up and down) at WOT? Maybe it is picking up induction pulses from
the runners? I have it piped to a port in the back of my intake manifold.