[Diy_efi] Re: Custom detonation detecting

Andris Skulte skulte at skulte.com
Tue Dec 3 12:32:08 GMT 2002

This isn't accoustic, but on page 455 of Heywood's Internal Combustion
Engine Fundamentals, they run a bandpass filter on their cylinder pressure
transducer for the first transverse mode of gas vibration in the cylinder
(in 3 to 10 kHz range, depending on bore and geometry). later on page 460,
he mentiones immediately after the pressure spike, they see pressure
oscillation at the 6 to 8 kHz range... ... page 461: "The frequency of
pressure oscillations (in 5 to 10 kHz range) decreases with time as the
initially finite amplitude supersonic pressure waves decal to small
amplitude sound waves.

Andris/Z28tt