[Diy_efi] OT: ABS retrofit into older car...

Mos mos at sydney.net
Thu Dec 5 04:25:41 GMT 2002

A guy in Qld, Australia, retrofitted almost everything (literally) from a
Japanese JZX81 Toyota Chaser into a RA23 Celica (late 70s), including the
ABS.
He used struts off a Holden Commodore I believe (IE not Chaser
struts/brakes).
The car was fully engineered, even without a "complete braking system out
of another car"... So either the engineer didn't notice, didn't care, or
it was "ok"...

I've been toying with the idea myself, and have two sets of ABS systems
but haven't gotten around to doing it...

Mos.

--
84 AE86, 90 ST185GrpA, 91 MX83Gr, Sydney, Oz.