[Diy_efi] (off topic) Disk pad wear reduction with

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 6 05:42:38 GMT 2002

mmm, I'm not wanting a 'huge' pedal travel and not sure why you
automatically think thats what I want...

I'm wondering if there is some valve arangement that would only
draw back enough to give say 0.5mm pad-disc clearance - obviously
dont want it to go any further for time/safety reasons etc

Some time next year (winter in Aust) I want to drive across nullabor
(about 3000 km) after some major engine mods for an economy run/test
and in preparation wondering if its feasible to add something to
*ensure* disc-pad drag is at a minimum during that long trip,

I suppose I could do it electronically with a vacumm surge tank,
solenoid interlock etc
ie Off a pedal at top switch etc. But I'm wondering if there is
a more elegant solution ?

Rgds

mike