[Diy_efi] Newbie ?

Eric Byrd klox at juno.com
Wed Dec 11 07:40:27 GMT 2002

Definitely not, at least not in the case of Hondas.  They try to strike a
balance, between small enough to ensure a smooth idle, and large enough
that the sequential signals to the injectors aren't in danger of
overlapping.  My guess is, that would complicate the response of the
injector solenoids.  It makes sense to have only one injector spraying at
a time.  And I would also guess that Honda stock injectors can handle
about 50% more horsepower than the stock power peak.  The guys at Zdyne,
the place in California that makes programmable ECU's for Hondas, say you
can use the stock injectors with their equipment, if you boost the
regulator pressure a little and remap the fuel.  But they also say it's a
little dicey, doing that, and they recommend you get 450 cc injectors
instead of the stock 240's on the Honda D-series engines.