[Diy_efi] Re: veggie van

Bill Washington bill.washington at nec.com.au
Wed Dec 11 23:03:27 GMT 2002

Steve,
    In Australia, a company is selling commercially (in a limited number
of rural areas) Bio-diesel which is made from 100% Canola and other
vegetable Oils. I have used it in my Turbo Diesel and experienced a
slight reduction in economy (approx 10% reduction in range), and price
is (or was when I tried it) about 10% less than mineral diesel. No other
observed effects. Drivability, acceleration, etc appeared unchanged.In
cold weather it apparently solidifies at a higher temperature than
mineral Diesel, but in winter mineral diesel is a different composition
anyway to lower the temperature at which it solidifies.

Here are some of web sites that relate specifically to this:

<http://www.apsracing.com.au/bio-fuel/biofuel_1.htm>
<http://www.apsracing.com.au/bio-fuel/biofuel_2.htm>
<http://www.apsracing.com.au/bio-fuel/biofuel_3.htm>
<http://www.biodiesel.org.au/>