[Diy_efi] Re: Lubrication - wheel bearings

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 13 08:40:22 GMT 2002

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 06:27:35PM +1100, Bill Washington wrote:

> Mike, Bernd, Have you gents heard of Pro-Ma lubricants: Oil additives,
> Wheel Bearing Grease, and Lubricant spray? I use it and sell it and have

They're nothing special.

There are plenty of fringe-product being multi-level marketed.
Some work better than others. Some are expensively-repackaged
products that can be bought for a fraction of the price from other
sources. And some degrade other substances that co-habit engines,
transmissions and bearings.

Unless you're working for K-mart, etc; you would never say that what
you're selling is crap. I'm not saying that it is; the lack of
_technical_ literature for the product amongst the pile of
testimonials in the marketing literature rings enough alarm bells to
make me reach for a barge-pole.

Absence of a company website; anywhere on the planet, makes me worry
about the value of guarrantees of performance.

> found it excellent for reducing friction in bearings and also sliding
> surfaces - sometimes too much! - one spring loaded, sliding surface
> changed (with one application) from being so stiff it was almost
> impossible to move without breaking the mechanism to being so slippery
> that it wouldn't stay in any location (the spring loading hadn't
> changed!).

Just about any lubricant will achieve that.

> I have been using these products now for about 10 years and
> find them great. If anyone wants more info please contact me directly
> (off list) and I will be happy to let you know more. Regards Bill

Apologies if this seems harsh; but it's what you should expect for
unsolicited advertising.