[Diy_efi] Throttle body size

Djfreggens at aol.com Djfreggens at aol.com
Sat Dec 14 04:17:08 GMT 2002

--part1_198.1238071f.2b2c0a83_boundary

In a message dated 12/13/2002 10:13:33 PM Eastern Standard Time,
arnie_ at charter.net writes:

> The SDS folks I just got done reading from their site say this about
> > throttle bodies:  if the vacuum taken off the MAP sensor is higher at
> > full throttle than at idle, your throttle body is too small
>
>    yeah unless your running a winston cup event with a restrictor plate(
> hear tell rumours the speedway engines are pulling 15hg at WOT anybody
> verify this one ? ).a good way to size a throttle body is to figure out the
> maximum VE at the given operating range in which you intened to run the
> engine.

  the once you determine engine operating range and max CFM then choose a TB
based on this. remember to figure in for the camshft head etc etc etc. also
as pointed out in previous mails an effcient fast flame propogating
combustion chamber will make more power then a poor burning one even if
everything else is the same. to many question and not enough answers. size
the TB like a carberator look in the how to hot rod a small block chevy book
for the answer as to how to determine the correct carberator size. there talk
in CFM not mm's so figure out how much air and then find out what size TB
then use accordingly.

--part1_198.1238071f.2b2c0a83_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>In a message dated 12/13/2002 10:13:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, arnie_ at charter.net writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">The SDS folks I just got done reading from their site say this about<BR>
&gt; throttle bodies:&nbsp; if the vacuum taken off the MAP sensor is higher at<BR>
&gt; full throttle than at idle, your throttle body is too small<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp; yeah unless your running a winston cup event with a restrictor plate( hear tell rumours the speedway engines are pulling 15hg at WOT anybody verify this one ? ).a good way to size a throttle body is to figure out the maximum VE at the given operating range in which you intened to run the engine. </FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">&nbsp; the once you determine engine operating range and max CFM then choose a TB based on this. remember to figure in for the camshft head etc etc etc. also as pointed out in previous mails an effcient fast flame propogating combustion chamber will make more power then a poor burning one even if everything else is the same. to many question and not enough answers. size the TB like a carberator look in the how to hot rod a small block chevy book for the answer as to how to determine the correct carberator size. there talk in CFM not mm's so figure out how much air and then find out what size TB then use accordingly. <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
</FONT><FONT  COLOR="#000000" style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"><BR>
&nbsp; </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_198.1238071f.2b2c0a83_boundary--