[Diy_efi] re: Newbie? refined now a Nitrous ?

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Sun Dec 15 17:19:18 GMT 2002

bob limo wrote:

> sensors etc... some feedback and the ECU's will lower
> the duty cycle because it knows there is more fuel
> going in?  I think there is a way that OEM full engine
> management systems like Motronics will sence the
> relationship between injector time and fuel pressure
> to keep the volume the same right?  I just don't know

Closed loop feedback is only used for idle, cruise, and part-throttle
acceleration.  In other words, you will be in open loop for those times
when you enable the nitrous, and the ECU will have no idea what the
actual mixture is.  Think about it, hard acceleration requires an AFR
that's more rich than stoich -- probably in the 12 - 13.5 range -- and
the stock narrowband O2 sensors can only really tell you if you're close
to 14.7 or not.

Brian