[Diy_efi] Intro, and q's about fuel economy

James jester at splorg.org
Mon Dec 16 02:02:03 GMT 2002

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Perry Harrington wrote:

> Hmm, so are non-Berkeley students allowed to help with the design and fabrication?

I don't think so.  The credit goes to the school, and they seem pretty
strict about it.  Heck, you even have to be an SAE member to attend the
race with your school.

> I'd say the B&S is rather crude when you are considering low fuel consumption.
> We're talking about 250cc motors making 5HP with a F-Head design.  I'd expect
> a weedeater or chainsaw engine would be a better approach.

Well, the point of the competition is to do the best with what we got.
Everyone uses the same engine, so it is (in some respects) really a test
of engineering.  And funding, of course.

-j