[Diy_efi] Intro, and q's about fuel economy

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Mon Dec 16 10:47:48 GMT 2002

That seems like a pretty high octane for such a low compression engine. It would
make you think there might be a lot of gains in raising the compression to match
the mandated fuel. years ago a friend of mine raced 1/4 midgets (single cylinder
flathead) and he made the most power on pump gas that was way less than 100
octane. There was a lot of work done on the piston shape as well and the window
over the valves that actually does all the flow work. Made big differences in
power and torque playing with that. I will give him a call if you any interest
in to looking at that or the time to do it. With the CR167 if you have not
talked to the folks at Rigel you need to they have worked with me on a project
or two and were very helpful in more ways than I can count.
Dave