[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

Patrick Cahill patc at opposition.tv
Mon Dec 16 21:04:14 GMT 2002

I remember seeing something about those belts a couple of years ago in a
Racecar Engineering article. Someone in the US had built a SportsD racing
car with a belt drive and a real trick form of CVT. It ran a 1000cc V4 two
stroke the made about 200HP and they reported no reliability problems at all
with the system.

I looked into some Gates products for a similar application, driving the
wheels
with something other than a chain they(gates) claimed they had some stuff
better
than a chain though I never tested it as the project fell through. Might be
worth a call to them.

Dave