Belt drives: was RE: [Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

Eric Deslauriers eric.deslauriers at oracle.com
Mon Dec 16 21:33:15 GMT 2002

Martin Christensen's BMW powered Class 10 buggy being run in the SCORE
offroad series (think Baja 1000) originally used belt drive. He had to stop
since so much junk was getting thrown into the belts by the front tires that
they were getting chewed up. I don't remember the mfgr, but Martin's based
out of Escondido, CA if that helps anyone. Good start for a Google search
anyways.

He's running an E30 M3 motor - that's a 4 cylinder motor easily capable of
200+hp.

Don't remember where I read it. Bimmer magazine maybe?

Not saying belts are a bad idea, just not a good one for Baja 1000 style
running. :)

Eric D