[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 21:19:21 GMT 2002

--- Nick Starai <true at ItsYourDomain.com> wrote:

> Is this not what you are referring to?? If I am
> confused, maybe you can clear it up.

The problem I have seen with that module is that you
are dragging the huge inertial drum along with the
eddy current brake.  Assuming you have good software,
you can end up with the same results, but it takes a
LOT longer to spin up and stabilize with that huge
drum attached.  You cannot integrate a 4-gas analyzer
with Dynojet hardware; your' have to take separate
readings and record them separately, then correlate
them with a spreadsheet or something.

The eddy current dynos I used (which were in direct
competition with DJ) are cheaper than a better DJ with
the module you mentioned, take less time to spin up,
self-calibrate (DJs need to be returned to the
factory), and integrate the 4-gas analyzer to the
point that they only record data once the 4-gas has
stabilized, and all results are on one page, linked in
the database.

Not to get into an argument about dyno manufacturing.
;)  But yes, you CAN add that module to a DJ, and be
able to map individual load/speed sites steady-state.
It's just a lot more of a PITA to use a 4-gas to do
so, and costs more.  ;)

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |