[Diy_efi] way off topic -- 4gas, wideband, brake dyno, aftermarket efi... wow

Erik Jacobs emj14 at columbia.edu
Wed Dec 18 01:47:27 GMT 2002

> I'll be interested to see how your dyno tune does in
> the real world, and how much better you will be able
> to make it by tuning after getting the "best" tune
> available on the dyno.

Well assuming I can find a good dyno tuner, the EFI I plan on running is
really neat in that you can put it in a mode where, after driving a certain
way (say part throttle highway cruising), you can view what parts of the map
were used and the specs at those places (knock, inj duty, etc etc).  So what
this enables you to do, to a certain extent, is retroactively tune the
vehicle.  Now with some good datalogging you could take this very far, but
just by seat of the pants feel and these readings some of my friends are
making very good (apparent) gains...

Apex'i Power FC + Commander -- anyone ever have any experience with it?  Now
this is *WAY OT*