[Diy_efi] OT: ABS retrofit into older car...

Dave Williams ronin at aristotle.net
Wed Dec 18 03:34:21 GMT 2002

Eric Deslauriers wrote:

> Check out Mercedes' new braking system on their SL500. Now when you try to
> modulate, the system takes over for you. Once you do max braking, it keeps
> it up.
>
> http://dev.roadandtrack.com/reviews/roadtests/ArticleDisplay.asp?ArticleID=4
> 8&page=2
> and the top of page 3 as well.

 I hope it has a big, sturdy rear bumper.

 Most of my panic stop scenarios have involved watching the rearview
mirror at *least* as much as what was in front of me; no sense in not
tapping the bumper of the car in front if you're going to get
accordioned by a pickup truck.

--
===ronin at aristotle.net (Dave Williams)==============================
== waiting, anticipating / for someone to save her soul / well, I ==