[Diy_efi] Wind resistance calculator

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Wed Dec 18 19:02:36 GMT 2002

Here is a great set of worked calculations that take you through it step by
step.

http://members.home.net/rck/phor/06-Speed.html titled The Physics of Racing,
Part 6: Speed and Horsepower

I have been using them to produce a spreadsheet to calculate BHP, torque etc
using a datalogged RPM and vehicle speed signal.

The density of air changes with humidity / pressure which I also added to
the calculations.

I also have a column for AFR from my DIY wideband to look for the best
acceleration against which AFR

My spreadsheet is 95% finished, I still have some problems with the numbers
in the dyno sheet.

What have you used to obtain your datalog?

Hugh