[Diy_efi] changing wbo2 reading via timing

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Dec 18 20:23:25 GMT 2002

Adam Wade wrote:

> --- Shannen Durphey <shannen at grolen.com> wrote:
>
> > By the time the mixture gets rich beyond the
> > sensor's range, the HC's stink.
>
> I've already answered this one.  It was an example to
> illustrate a point in any case.
So I have said.

> I'm sorry that seems
> to have been lost on you.
I'm beginning to feel the same way.  You have spent considerable effort
trying to prove one way and then another that I'm not correct.  Now it
seems as though you're taking potshots.

> > While you're busy telling the local car club how
> > much better a purpose designed car is for a specific
> > job,
>
> I have no clue what you are claiming.  I've never said
> or believed any such thing.

It's an analogy.  lol.  Either you can't think that way, or you need to
relax.  No matter, after this I'll try not to use them in replies to your
posts.

This is the comparison I was making:  Many people do not have access to the
type of dyno you promote.  For those people it's good to know how to get
the most out of the time they may spend on an inertial dyno.   You can talk
about the advantages of the brake dyno and four gas analyzer all day, but
it doesn't help anyone if they can't get time on that equipment.
Similarly, you can talk to the guys hanging out at the drive-in on Saturday
night about the advantages of F1 engines, but it doesn't help them a bit if
they can't get one for themselves.

Shannen