[Diy_efi] Loading dynos

Stephen Andersen, P.E. steve.andersen at dol.net
Wed Dec 18 21:39:55 GMT 2002

> I'd wager a "not very many" guess.  If you know
> someone with a spare $50,000 who wants to have one,
> though, I can put the people together.  ;)  Then
> there's the dyno room on top of that, of course...
>=20
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> | Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |

You guys must live under rocks if you don't know of any brake type/eddy
current=20
hours
driving
distance from me here in Delaware, 2 of which are AWD dynos. =20

The Mustang dyno does have an "inertial component" in that it has=20
a decent sized roller.  However it can easily be setup to do=20
acceleration testing, or constant speed/load work., or stepwise

The 2WD Mustang dyno can handle over 500 whp, maybe even more, and=20
costs about 25-30k with "some" options on it.  The AWD dyno is close to=20
60k.

Ask them where to find one near you if you are curious...

Steve