[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Thu Dec 19 11:28:23 GMT 2002

Having slept on it I think I may not have described things very well =
here.

The dyno can set a constant load of 8HP (once you have taken frictional =
loss differences due to 2 contact patches etc into account). However at =
what throttle setting you should have 8 HP? Given you have the curve of =
BSFC vs Power depending on the engine there are a range of throttle =
openings corresponding to the same 'load'. Tuning the whole map on a =
dyno for best power or best BSFC is obvious, but the blend between those =
would appear, at least to my inexperienced eyes, to be a challenge.

Bill