[Diy_efi] Wind resistance calculator - FYI

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Thu Dec 19 18:23:18 GMT 2002

Thanks Scott,

I posted these links and a couple of others on here some time ago.

The advantage of doing it yourself is that I already have a datalog of most
of the engines parameters and being able to see the BHP against the air /
fuel ratio, engine knock level and ignition timing several times a second
means that the optimisation process is for me simpler, safer for the engine
and more interesting.

I also use the spreadsheet to highlight results where the knock is above a
certain level and the AFR is richer or leaner than needed.

I am also able to use the spreadsheet to highlight which Load and RPM point
was being used again speeding up the tuning process.

I also do this for a hobby not a living.

I haven't checked these links, but here are the others I previously posted.

On Track Dyno       http://www.ontrackdigital.com/generic.html?pid=4
Revtrigger             http://www.students.tut.fi/~eppu/bin/rev.html#Updates

Cheers

Hugh