[Diy_efi] RE: Timing and dyno pulls

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Thu Dec 19 18:47:27 GMT 2002

Well you can.... Insulate the head and pistons and cylinder walls with the
appropriate coatings. Raise the cooling system preuure a lot.. A Nissan ZX GTP
Turbo car runs coolant pressure around 50 psi static.. Dead soft copper head
gasket with gas filled o-rings and very large studs to keep everything clamped
down tight..Oh yeah fill the bottom 1/2 of the block with 'hard block filler'
lots of companies make it. Might need some better valve seats as well but that
is no real biggy to be honest. You probably never got the thing over 230 to 240
in the first place..
There you go easy as that.
Dave