[Diy_efi] Timing Advance Curve?

Nick Starai true at ItsYourDomain.com
Thu Dec 19 21:30:21 GMT 2002

I just got back from taking a tour of BP's fuel research facility
recently.

> > Not overall, but in pump gas, it has a very high > > correlation.
>
> Well you should tell that to Motor Trend... because in an article they had
> written they replied to someone saying that there is no relationship between
> octane and burn rate (and this was in reference to people putting higher
> octane fuels in their cars at the pump when unnecessary).

This is only relating to Pump gas - they didn't go over anything else.
It has been pretty much covered by the majority opinion on the subject
here, but basically what I got out of it was that a higher octane rating
does not mean that particular type of gas has a better energy density. As
mentioned a few times, octane is simply to help fight 'knock'. They said
if you car isn't knocking at all at 87 you shoulnd't be able to tell a
difference in performance between 87 and 93. They did mention the burn
rate is quicker on 87, but mentioned nothing of burn rate being different
depending on Octane.

Nick Starai