[Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

William Shurvinton shurvinton at orange.net
Thu Dec 19 22:01:18 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shannen Durphey" <shannen at grolen.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] RE: Diy_efi digest, Vol 1 #413 - 12 msgs

> Didn't you once say you specialize in asking questions?  This is a great
> one.

Why thank you

 We generally don't take into account any
> friction made at the contact patch between tires and rollers.

At least here in the UK this part is taken into account by the top dyno guys
who always do a coastdown to measure frictional losses. This also allows a
fairly good estimation of flywheel HP to be calculated.

The rest I need to consider it very carefully. Tying all the threads
together I may finally be seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks
for taking the time to help out a poor dumb guy on the other side of the
pond.

Bill