[Diy_efi] Timing Advance Curve?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 20 04:50:56 GMT 2002

yeah no worries,

Brian quoted an interesting reference just recently, more up
to date then on my old lab or workshop PC

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/autos/gasoline-faq/part1/

>From what I recall methanol is almost likely the ideal
fuel, highest octane by far and (in theory) cheapest
to make (if people dont profiteer from supply chain),
only couple of probs are weight for energy is half that
of petrol and the invisible flame on pure methanol, so
use an additive to make it visible - like potassium
carbonate or some chromium or copper compounds as methanol
behaves like water in terms of being able to dissolve
ionic salts of copper etc - Who knows, adding a particular
copper compound to methanol may well do something of
interest to further increase octane (and alter burn rate ;)
but there are several thousand to choose from <sigh>,
but it would give a nice green flame :o)

rgds

mike