[Diy_efi] Timing Advance Curve?

Dave Dahlgren ddahlgren at snet.net
Fri Dec 20 11:47:03 GMT 2002

I have been a Motec dealer for quite a few years and before that spent a lot of
time straightening out what other dealers tried to do. My eyes are pretty
sharp.. So thanks for the offer but I will pass. All that data belongs to the
customer as I had said before. The Miata has an M4 with advanced tuning and
logging. You can data log the WBO2 with it being activated. I have to find a
very large trend before I change the fueling at the track compared to what I get
on the dyno. I generally look at the O2 readings and if they are incorrect or
different from the dyno look further into the data for the why are they
different and fix that.

This Miata is sort of the bottom of the heap compared to the usual project to be
honest. I am finishing up a Motec dash and M48 system for a Porsche 962 this
week. and usually work on vintage GTP stuff for the most part. The occasional
Cosworth DFR/DFX in open wheel cars as well. Next project is to sort out a 2002
Porsche GT3R dash that has to run in the Rolex 24 at daytona then on to a 1998
Buick indy lights car that needs a tune up.. Then fly out to Dallas to tune the
962. My company also designs and manufactures custom slide throttles for race
engines. Have won the Rolex 3 or 4 times with them. One year we had 5 of the top
7 cars running them.

It might beg the question do you have any maps you want me to look at...
Dave