[Diy_efi] Re: Hexfile Map Structures

Stephan Helbig st28 at gmx.net
Fri Dec 20 16:07:03 GMT 2002

Hi John,

Indeed I have only one file where I can say it must be DAMOS structure.
The other files I have are all of some different format. They are
embedded in the programme code & sometimes they are not.
Now as there seem to be no markers at the beginning there must be an
algorythm that defines what is a map and what is programming code as
there also are programmes which can extract the maps within programming
code.
Unfortunately I don't have *any* experience with this. What would you
recommend as a general guideline to search for? I can't find the needle
in the hay when I don't know how this needle looks like.
I've seen screenshots of programmes that sparated the maps. There seemed
to be some structure like this:
(??)(y-marker numbers)(y-values)(??)(x-marker numbers)(x-values)(map
values). Y-markers tell you how many numbers you need to set on the
y-axis, then the y-values follow and then there is a number which I
cannot assign to anything. The rest is as with the y-axis...

As for the processors: Bosch uses many different types, so there's no
general answer. I  my case it's a Siemens B57656 and B58298. Will this
take me further?!? Those two types of processors come from the same type
of ECU. So if Bosch uses them with the same software and different
processors, I guess those two must be independent from each other.

Stephan

--
My Homepage:
http://www.e-ger-translation.de