[Diy_efi] Timing Advance Curve?

Eric.Fahlgren eric.fahlgren at mscsoftware.com
Fri Dec 20 18:43:59 GMT 2002

> We are not talking abnormal combustion, detonation is a meeting of
> flame fronts, one comes from the spark ignition - the other comes
> from that region of the chamber that spontaneously ignites due
> to either an instantaneous rise in temperature or pressure.

Preignition and detonation are two distinct phenomenon.  Preignition
may precipitate detonation, but it is not necessary to produce it.
Detonation is the spontaneous combustion of end gasses in the
chamber, it has no flame front.

You guys really need to read some papers and books, start with
"The Background Of Detonation," NACA No. 93 by Stanwood Sparrow
and move on through the several dozen other papers specifically
detailing detonation and then read Ricardo and Heywood to put
it all together.