[Diy_efi] boosted compression ratio

Matt Porritt porrittm at anet.co.nz
Sun Dec 22 02:17:24 GMT 2002

The turbo specs are pretty close to what we've used before on 2l turbos,
though I'm a little worried about the CR you're stating.
For boost of around 20psi I'd be looking at around 8 to 8.5:1. This would
allow you to run a little more boost if needed, but not see you 400whp
though (@20psi) but with a bit more boost you'd get close.
Now I see you mention 'Street Driving'.. Ever driven a 400whp machine on the
street??? :)))
I'm not that familiar with the Honda range when turbocharged as I am a
Nissan man ;) so i'm not saying that your 10:1 isn't ok in your application,
its just that unless we were building a strip car, then we'd be looking a
little lower in the CR,
--
Matt Porritt
RC Race Cars and Supplies