[Diy_efi] boosted compression ratio

Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com Ne14RoxCJ at aol.com
Sun Dec 22 06:38:34 GMT 2002

--part1_f7.260d7fea.2b36b8f2_boundary

In a message dated 12/21/02 8:43:10 PM Central Standard Time,
Djfreggens at aol.com writes:

from my honda experiences it seem that both in general and specifically with
hondas ( due to excelent cumbustion chamber design) that these engines
tolerate a bit more cylinder pressure. id be willing to bet with a small
reduction in spark and some carefull fuel mods that you street goal of 9:1
with 93 octane is doable. however i do strongly advise that it would be ideal
to go ahead and pull about 4-5 degress from the higher boost regions of the
sprak map and work your way back up. this might seem extreme but the last
time i checked honda pistons were a bit priceys. anyways if youd like to talk
more email me offlist. no need for heated discusions. im running a 1227749 on
a honda using gm parts. so i do have a bit of time as well as using piggy
backs and boost retards with an older version on my 86 accord. email me we
can talk at great length.

i've been scolded more than once and seen others scolded too, for using HTML.
Am I the only one who has to scroll right to view all of this post???

Beau

--part1_f7.260d7fea.2b36b8f2_boundary