[Diy_efi] boosted compression ratio

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sun Dec 22 10:52:03 GMT 2002

Ah ha, I see

Clearly they are time correlating the 'window'(1) of ignition for a
specific cylinder with the detection of knock. Althought they
might like us to think its a 'complex algorithm' - I really dont
think so - I could draft it in a few sentences if anyone's interested.

I wonder though what the upper limit on revs is as a great deal of
engine rattle can appear as ping about 4000 rpm or so (The ECU for
my GMH with nissan RB30ET has an upper limit too, around 3000rpm
*and* all it does is retard the timing by 5deg - sob sob). I'm
guessing that one could go for more sensors, use a DSP and filter
out a great deal of other engine noise to have usable knock
detection up to rev limit...

Rgds

mike
(1) Period of time during which there is a high probability
of occurence of knock