[Diy_efi] eprom/programing questions

Donnie Freichels allaboutspeed at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 23 07:43:18 GMT 2002

ok i have a pocket programmer and im trying to program a 27c128,the software
keeps telling me that it cant program it.i have tried abou t5 different
27c128 and no go,so i tried to change the settings on the pocket programer
to a 27c256 and it programs it.the problem is i only have one of these
ecu's and im not trying to fry it.

the first question is does any one that the same problem with there
programer?

the next one is can i use a 27c256 eprom in a ecu that has a 27c128 in it
from the factory. my understanding it that the last three numbers are the
amount of memory it has .if so i would think i could use a chip with more
memory.
well im pretty good at tuning cars but i have no clue when i run into a
problem of such.if any one has a clue please let me know,or point me in the
right way atlest

thank you don freichels