[Diy_efi] RE: Timing and dyno pulls

Adam Wade espresso_doppio at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 23 09:29:14 GMT 2002

--- "M. Claywell" <clay0052 at umn.edu> wrote:

> In regards to F1 guys running high water temps (~
> 125 Celsius), one of the main reasons they do it is
> to reduce aero drag. They are likely down on
> power (from what they could make if they ran a lower
> water temp), but are also saving on aero drag.

Since they were traction-limited by their tires even
before they went to grooved ones, it seems like a
sound compromise to me, especially on tracks with long
straights.  It coudl also be used to allow them to run
more wing with the same drag as bigger radiators, thus
allowing more downforce on short tracks.

Another case of "horses for courses"...

=====
| Adam Wade                       1990 Kwak Zephyr 550 (Daphne) |
|   http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/espresso_doppio/lst?.dir=/   |