[Diy_efi] Speed Density fueling and throttle position

Geddes, Brian J brian.j.geddes at intel.com
Mon Dec 23 18:00:55 GMT 2002

> Quickly changing the mass of air in the intake alters the=20
> air:fuel ratio
> within the intake.  Other things happen with this change. =20
> Fuel can lose
> energy and puddle.  If the manifold has enough volume, the mixture can
> backfire and pop out the tb. Fuel is usually added (like an=20
> accelerator
> pump) to cover these situations.  Fuel can be added based on=20
> TPS change,
> or MAP change, or both. =20

I was aware of this phenomenon, but neglected to mention it.  To =
clarify, the system I'm using has "accel pump" functions to add fuel =
based on delta-TP and delta-MAP.  So, this condition is already =
accounted for without an actual TP-position correction table.  Aside =
from transient conditions like this, are there any steady-state reasons =
for a TP-position correction table?

After re-reading my original email, I realized that my question was much =
more complicated than it needed to be.  So, I'll reword it:

On a speed-density system, if the throttle is open enough to allow equal =
pressure on both sides of the throttle, does opening it further make any =
difference to the fueling calculations?

Thanks,
- Brian