[Diy_efi] Time delay relay?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 24 03:25:19 GMT 2002

One very basic method is a big fat capacitor across coil with
a pair of diodes to isolate the cap from the coil when off...

Discharge time is approx t=1.1xRxC

where R= reistance of coil, and C is the cap value in Farads,
this way you can get a few seconds with practical caps and
a K or so or coil resistance,

But to get 100s best to put a schmitt trigger and caps on the
drive to the coil transistor, others prob already have a circuit,
its fairly straightforward,

rgds

mike