[Diy_efi] Time delay relay?

Derek derek_obanion at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 24 08:13:02 GMT 2002

> Well if your input to the ECU is high(ish) impedance with a possible
> pullup which I'd expect since its looking for a ground, you dont need
> a relay - just a capcitor to ground, have you got a oscilloscope
> or a multimeter with fast reading scale ?

No but I think I can use the internal logger in a way to show a time delay
between switch change and registered change at the input.

> All you do is put a cap between the input and ground and your same
> switch to ground (ie In parallel with cap), when the switch opens
> the cap charges up gradually through the pullup on the ECU, so
> try a 10uF cap first 16V and measure across it with a multimeter
> and see what happens, a 10uF cap over costs about 20c

Like this?

GND-------SWITCH---------------------ECU

                                              +
                                         10uf cap
                                              -

                                           GND

> What is the input precisely used for -  on the ECU ?

Triggering a massive change in the fuel tables. I have a large shot of methanol
I turn on, and the switch is the pressure switch on the pump head. The pressure
switch activates when pressure gets built in the system, but before the methanol
actually reaches the cylinders. Just trying to make the ECU wait for the
methanol before cutting back on the gasoline.