[Diy_efi] Time delay relay?

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Wed Dec 25 05:59:02 GMT 2002

The info you need to do some design, is a "load line" for
the lead coming to the switch.  This could be a single line
on a graph, or perhaps one with a knee.

To get some info, measure a few points.  First measure
the voltage with the wire open circuit.  Then put a 10 ohm
resistor to grd and measure the voltage.  Try a 100 ohm.
The idea is to find spots with voltages spread along the
space between zero and maximum voltage.

For each measurement, you have a voltage and a current.
Calculated current is voltage measured divided by the resistance
used.  Make a plot of voltage vs current, and now we can
better access what is needed.

Bruce Roe