[Diy_efi] RE: Timing and dyno pulls

mrbeau0 mrbeau0 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 25 07:25:54 GMT 2002

Air doesn't conduct heat very well, so why would it be part of a "good"
system?

One point that I think everyone is missing is during heat soak.  Shut your
car off after a hard run, and likely the pressure in the system will exceed
that of the rad cap (on systems with an overflow tank) and add fluid to the
resovoir (hence the "hot" and "cold" markings).  Old setups without an
overflow will do this "once" until the level equalizes with the volume of
the hot system.

My two bits...

Matt.