[Diy_efi] Good air pump for crankcase circulation?

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 28 03:09:27 GMT 2002

At 01:42 PM 12/27/02 -0800, you wrote:
>I don't want to use a PCV system, as I'll end up coating the inside of my
>sparking clean turbo, intercooler, and intake manifold. I have yet to see
a PCV
>implementation that didn't cause build up in the motor.

I've been using a condensator for years on my VL-3L Turbo and before
that on a 1.6L ford escort. Its basically a jar to condense the vapours
before the higher fractions go into the engine, there's a gel filter
and I collect about 400ml of oil in it each 3 months - seems to work well,
replaced the head some 3 years back - no problems, no buildup and the
condensator had been there for 5 years previously !

rgds

mike