[Diy_efi] Re: injecotr flow bench plans needed.

Phil Hunter diy-efi at t-n-e.com
Sat Dec 28 16:11:53 GMT 2002

[better late than never...]

> <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am in search of someone with =
> knowledge or plans=20
> on how to build a injector flow bench tester.
[snip]

Please turn off the HTML, my personal policy is to not reply
to posts w/ HTML, so I'm making an exception here.

Searching the archives is a good start, whenever I find myself
looking thru them, I'm always impressed w/ the generally high
"quality" in stark contrast to the general lack thereof now.

One thing I'd highly recommend to everyone is to browse thru
the web site, not so much to read everything there, but to get
an idea of what IS there. Lots and lots of good info.

Bart, if you snoop around, you'll find (almost) exactly what
you are looking for, a relatively simple injector tester w/ some
features you may not have even thought of, such as a strobe light
to view the spray pattern.

Regarding IC's, the LM1949 is designed as an injector driver,
searching for it at http://www.national.com, you'll find info
and an order link that sends you to DigiKey who has them in
stock. As an upgrade to Peak-n-Hold from Saturated drivers
for an ECM, the 1949 is lacking compared to something like the
CS452/453 (http://www.onsemi.com) since it requires external
parts, but for an external driver board or an injector tester
it's big advantage is it's still in production.

rgds,
philh
(digest)