[Diy_efi] Water metanol turbo assist - was Argon turbo assist

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Sun Dec 29 15:38:01 GMT 2002

Not wanting to hijack the original Argon thread.

I use a 50 : 50 water methanol mix in my water injection system.

If you were to add some air and some of the 50 : 50 water methanol in the
exhaust manifold pre - turbo, it might be possible to create even more boost
with the only additional requirement being an air pump and some additional
plumbing and valves from the water injection pump.

Given the comments about how cold methanol burns it might be kinder to the
turbos than traditional rally car anti-lag systems that retard the ignition
and burn extra petrol in the exhaust to create the boost.

Any thoughts?

Would nitrous nozzles help mix the air and water / fuel for a good burn?

Hugh