Bosch MAF Transfer Table

Brian Dessent brian at dessent.net
Mon Feb 4 20:40:06 GMT 2002

bjanesi at juno.com wrote:

> Does anyone have the transfer table (output curve) for a Bosch MAF; one
> with a 1.55v output at power with no flow?  Specifically, the one I have
> is from a '86 Nissan 300ZX Turbo; it's actually labelled as a "JECS"
> unit, but the hot-wire assembly looks identical to that used on Bosch
> meters, and the 1.55v is consistent with what I've seen from other Bosch
> meters.

This is from the archive, I don't know if it's helpful.  I know the
response is more or less exponential, so if the numbers below don't seem
to correspond, you could at least plot them to get a general idea of the
shape and maybe introduce a constant offset to make them agree with what
you can measure.

From: A70Duster at aol.com 3/26/1999 9:22 PM
Subject: OOOPPSS!! MAF airflow numbers

Sorry sorry, I did the test with a Bosch 2 7/8 inch diameter MAF.
Multiply
area of MAF sensor to FPM.

Bosch numbers

365 17 1 a
0 280 213 009

The test was done at an elevation of 5300 ft. at a temp of 69 F.  I
couldn't
draw any more air from the setup.  That's why it stops at 2.19 volts
(sorry).
I measured feet per minute from the aneometer.

Ane.    MAF
FPM     volts

113             0.200
145             0.300
187             0.470
228             0.605
251             0.665
270             0.720
420             0.995
481             1.085
580             1.210
605             1.245
710             1.375
840             1.515
920             1.595
1170    1.770
1220    1.805
1530    2.025
1810    2.190

Plot the data....  It looks parabolicish to me  :)

See ya,

Mike